What is a dental cleaning and exam?
Dental cleanings and exams are important components of maintaining good oral health. During your routine dental exam and cleaning at T.F. Chen DDS, our experienced dentists and dental team will:
- Gently clean your teeth, removing any plaque and tartar that you missed while brushing and flossing
- Polish your teeth to give you a healthy, shiny smile
- Thoroughly examine your smile, checking for signs of tooth decay, periodontal disease (gum disease), and other dental problems
- Perform an oral cancer screening
- Use digital dental X-rays to check for dental problems that cannot be seen by the naked eye
- Check existing dental restorations, such as fillings and crowns, for any needed maintenance or repair
If we detect any dental problems, we will suggest the needed dental treatment to restore the health of your smile. Our dentists and team are very conservative in their dental care, so you can rest assured that we will not recommend any unnecessary dental services.
How often do I need a teeth cleaning?
We recommend that you come to our dental office every six months for a dental exam and teeth cleaning in Glendale, California. If it has been more than six months since your last visit, call us today at 818-502-1991 to schedule your next appointment!